Saturday, March 16, 2013

Exchange blocks

Here are a couple more blocks for Block Exchange.

Dorothy's block looks like a Log Cabin block but is actually pieced like Courthouse Steps. It helped me to look at the photo that Eileen posted on this blog, otherwise I never would have figured it out!  Dorothy's hint to sew the yellow squares to the uneven-numbered strips was good advice. I laid out the pieces in order, but I still had to rip out one seam when I sewed a purple strip on the ecru side by mistake (arrgh). I love how this block turned out - especially the effect of the narrow strips. This quilt will be lovely.


Jan's block is the Gemini pattern.  I have wanted to make a Gemini quilt ever since I saw it done in batiks in the Keepsake catalog. It goes together so easily for a stunning effect.  I'm looking forward to seeing the final quilt.


And speaking of Keepsake Quilting, my recent order from them was missing a fabric.  I have to give them kudos for great customer service, as they mailed me the missing fabric as soon as I contacted them about the problem.  Also, I love the high quality of their fabrics. 

No comments: